tirsdag 7. juni 2016

Mini cosplay repair kit

I know there are other posts covering how to make a mini repair kits you can bring with you to a con, but I just made one and want to write about it :D This will also be covered a little in my upcoming cosplay book :)
Here I have used a pill bottle, but a small zip pouch can also be used, and might be less visible if you are wearing a tight fitting costume.

The scenario is that costumes often have accidents, whether something rips or fall apart. Quick fixes on the go can help you stay on the con floor in costume way longer. 

In my kit I added these things:
  • Safety pins
  • Bobby pins
  • Q-tip (here cut on halves to fit my bottle)
  • Small tube of super glue
  • Eyelash glue 
  • Paper clip
  • Needle
  • Thread
  • Small piece of Velcro

To keep the needle secure and prevent my fingers to get stabbed when reaching down into the bottle, I keep it between the two pieces of Velcro. 

Other things I normally bring with me is small syringes of lens water and a lens cover, both to moisten up my eyes or to be able to take the lenses of when I don't want to wear them any longer. 

And if possible I bring my lip makeup and/or a straw. During the con I should be drinking a lot of water and then my "blue alien space babe" makeup will disappear. 

Do you have any other smart tips on what to bring to a con then let me know in the comments below :)

1 kommentar:

  1. A basic and discrete multitool. (usually includes scissors, needlenose pliers with built in wire-cutter, awl (for poking holes in tougher materials like leather), a small file I think is common, and some even include a tiny magnifying glass, and a small knife.

    A multitool like that could be handy for making field-repairs or modifications to metal-details like rivets and studs, poking an extra hole in a belt that proved to be too tight in the long run of a con etc.

    They usually also come in those handy, discrete leather pouches that can be fixed to most belts and straps etc. for storage.

    Look at me getting involved Chrix xD lol

    SvarSlett