søndag 28. desember 2014

Bellatrix Lestrange

As I mentioned on facebook a long time ago, you get your cosplay inspiration from the most random things. One day i woke up with very messy hair and I had to make a Bellatrix Lestrange cosplay. 

It might not be screen accurate (especially since I had a sidecut hair style at the time), but I am so looking forward to be this evil. 

Wand, there is no place like Ollivanders.
I needed to make a wand like hers, with limited amount of time and budget. 

My solution was two chop sticks glued together in an angle and covered with paper clay. I used a blunt pencil to carve out the wood grains. 

Base color

And a dark wash

Clea coat finish (even Bellatrix needs a nice wand)


Jewellery
The bird skull was hand sculpted in paper clay and painted silver. 



The clothes
I had a lot of stuff already, like a leather corset and boots. But for the skirt I found a light flowing wool fabric that I could distress nicely along the hem and add silver markings with a fabric pen. 


Dark MarkAnd last, the dark mark. Hand painted using water based color (lucky it was gloing on my left arm). You could also use a liquid eyeliner.

The finished look
The hair was teased and curled (and even colored darker). And carefully placed to cover my side cut ;)


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar