torsdag 15. august 2013

Love the small things

As a true blogger I have now succumbed to share random thoughts about my life (where will this end?). These are small things in my life I love for different reasons.

My Halo Energy Sword tattoo
I have been a fan of Halo since the first game came to the original xbox, and through the first game I was terrified of Elites with energy swords and equally angry that you could not use the sword yourself. Easy to say that when I finally got my hands on one in game this became one of my favorite weapons.


Energy Sword Tattoo
(And I kinda love those shoes)

A noble and ancient weapon, wielded by the strongest of Sangheili, requires great skill and bravery to use, and inspires fear in those who face its elegant plasma blade.” - Thel Vadame 

And two and a half years ago I fulfilled a long dream and tattooed one to my lower leg, my very first tattoo. It is a cross between the Halo 2 and Halo 3 swords, edited the way I wanted it.

Now I am itching to get another tattoo, but I have not decided on exactly what yet.  

My neighbor Totoro
I love everything about this Studio Ghibli film, especially that it reminds me of my childhood together with my sister. And during a discussion about packing a zombie survival pack my boyfriend asked what random non-essential thing I would grab from the apartment as we made a run for it. I would grab my Totoro music box, as it is a gift from my boyfriend it holds even more awesome memories. And it is strategically placed within reach on the way to the front door.



Portal Gun
My first prop made in a time when one a few handmade replicas existed of this dazzling device. 

And it is a reminder of my very first step into the world of cosplay. I made it so I could have it on display in my living room, but ended up using it the first time I ever cosplayed, as Chell in 2011.

And the fact that my boyfriend lets it be on display in our living room.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar