torsdag 8. november 2012

How I pack my costumes for a flight

I was asked how I pack my costumes when I need to bring them on an airplane. Under you can se my suitcase from my trip to Gamex. You might recall from earlier posts that I brought my Tali and Liara cosplays. The advantage with these costumes is that they are made mostly of textile parts which are fairly easy to pack. 



Some tips:

  • If you have a hard cover suitcase then your possessions are more protected, let's it the people handling your luggage isn't wearing silk gloves. 
  • Fill hollow props, like my Tali shoes. Inside I have stored the arm gauntlets for Tali and Liara, thus protecting them and supporting the shoes. 
  • Use plastic boxes, the Asari head piece color off on clothes and shouldn't be squashed. The same goes for my Tali helmet and the M5 Phalanx gun; they would crack or get destroyed in impact. 
  • The asari head piece and the helmet still smell of chemicals due to last minute touch ups before flight, the boxes keep that smell away from the rest of the suitcase content. 
  • Disassemble, I was able to take off the visor of the Tali helmet, making it easier to store. Try to plan out possibilities to disassemble when designing your prop. See BettcanardDesign, she made the chainsaw from Lollipop Chainsaw and was able to take of the blade. 

2 kommentarer:

  1. Takk så mye : D
    Jeg skal reise til MCM Expo i London neste år å planlegger å lage ett Skyrim inspirert kostme. Bloggen din har gitt meg masse gode tips og inspirasjon. Og takk for pakketipsene. : D

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Bare hyggelig, det er alltid gøy å hjelpe.

      Slett